[Zope-CMF] List of subject/metadata sets?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:58:14 +0100

What about if you want to move a subcategory between parents?  I think
I prefer the idea of a more dynamic list structure. It *could* be
internally stored as a list, but why not store it as a tree?  A data
structure which matches the conceptual structure I like.

I suppose it adds a fair bit of complexity - you'd
probably need a SubjectTreeTool to manage the lists (that oedipus
thing is probably worth a look).

Perhaps it would represent an unacceptable preformance bottleneck for
the index, if a Master list of keywords needs to be generated from the
selected keywords each time it's built.  I doubt it though.

> ['Top:Adult:Shopping','Top:Society','Top:Adult:World:Polska:Czasopisma']

Cool, I wonder what Czasopisma is.

seb