[Zope-CMF] Proposal: Additional member properties to allow anonymous viewof the member roster

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 10:35:07 +0200

Sorry, I forgot to cc that to the List:

Shane,
Tres,

Thanks for your helpful advices.

> Tres wrote:
> CMFDefault.MembershipTool.getRoster is protected by the permission,
> 'List portal members.'  If you want to expose the roster to anonymous
> users, simply map that permission only the Anonymous role.
I changed it ... and wow, it worked. I really didn't look at this
management screen.

> Shane wrote:
> Since it's protected by a permission, the intention is that a site
> administrator can choose the policy.  That's the neat thing about Zope
> permissions and roles.
That's true (both statements)! A big :-) for Zope.

> Tres wrote:
> If your MemberDataTool has a property, "selected_for_listing" (or
> whatever), then you can implement a custom MembershipTool, overriding
> the 'getRoster' implementation to filter on that property (instead
> of on 'isManager or member.listed').
Ok, I'll probably try this after I've completed customizations on skin
level. So it would be the first time I subclass an existing class to
extend the behaviour.

With a big thank, Greg
Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org