[Zope-CMF] Dublin Core

Ricardo Newbery newbery@dvgroup.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 02:12:50 -0700

Thanks for the pointers Seb and Tres.  Now I'm looking into defining
some new metadata elements...

I notice that the CMF DublinCore module doesn't include the entire
set of metadata elements defined by the Dublin Core Metadata
Initiative.  Why is that?

Specifically, I notice that the 'Coverage' element is not included
and the 'Contributor' element is in plural form, 'Contributors'.
'Relation' and 'Source' is also missing but I don't need them.
However, I need to use 'Coverage'.

Also, why the nonstandard spelling for 'Contributor'?  Doesn't that
mess with the motivation behind using the Dublin Core set?

Are there plans to extend the DublinCore module to support the
complete Dublin Core set?  Perhaps also including the recommended
Dublin Core metadata qualifiers as an option?

Ricardo Newbery
newbery@dvgroup.com