[Zope-CMF] Problems generating list of files/folders

Anders Schneiderman schneida@seiu.org
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:30:05 -0400

I've just started playing w/ CMF, and I've run into an odd problem.  I want
to change the index_htm method so it automatically lists the files,
documents, and folders in the folder that calls it.  So far, I can't get it
to work.

I created a skin called "seiu" and put a copy of index_html into it via
customization (and yes, it's still a DTML Method, not a document).  In the
same skin folder, I created a DTML Method called "liststuff", which looks
like this:
DTML Method at /intranet/portal_skins/seiu/liststuff :

To view a folder, click on its name below:

<ul>
<dtml-in expr="objectValues(['Folder', 'File', 'Document'])">
</dtml-in>
</ul>
To call it I added the following code to index_html in the seiu skin:

<dl>
  <dt> Overview  </dt>
  <dd> <dtml-var stuff> </dd>
</dl>

If I go to, say, http://localhost:8080/intranet/organizing/, I don't get a
list.  However, if I call the method directly --
http://localhost:8080/intranet/organizing/liststuff/ -- then it works just
fine (w/o, of course, the standard headers). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Anders Schneiderman
Information Manager
SEIU International