[Zope-CMF] Re: adding portal content to non portal folders

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:01:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 May 2001, tav wrote:

>     Me> btw, what happened to the CMF Skins competition?
>
>     TS> A tsunami of consulting work blew my "stack";  this
>     TS> will serve as notice to the effect that all initial
>     TS> submitters (two, I think), get the t-shirt.  I'll put a
>     TS> NewsItem on the dogbowl to this effect today.
>
> dang! any another similar competition likely to happen soon?
>
> i would like a t-shirt ;p
>
> > and is further info available on the CMFWiki development?
>
>     TS> I'll need to check, but I believe we will have a
>     TS> releasable CMFWiki product this week.
>
> sweet.
>
> i would be very interested in seeing further info on the dev tho ;p
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeOrgCollaborationEnhancement/C
> MFWiki says very little :/

Chris isn't ready to "throw it over the wall" quite yet;  we will
exercise it pretty heavily during the zope.org migration, and then
look at releasing it (I think).

> on a separate note altogether, can you enlighten me as to how i would force
> the CMF to add an object, e.g. an Image to the current folder, using the
> folder_factories method?
>
> currently, it magically traverses up to the nearest PortalFolder, and adds
> the object... i would like to add portal content to the container object
> instead

Out of the box, the 'folder_factories' DTMLMethod posts to
'invokeFactory', which is being acquired from the nearest enclosing
PortalFolder.  I have just written a unit test which reproduces
the problem you describe;  please go ahead and create a tracker
issue for it:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker

Thanks!