[Zope-CMF] Dublin Core

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:25:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > You just proposed an additional one, because it made for a more
> > flexible, extensible, easier-to-maintain metadata tool
> > implementation;  I can already envision at least several other
> > possible uses:
> >
> >   - I18N: storing translations in aspects
> >
> >   - Consumer-side event filtering
> >
> >   - "Rating" data (analogous to disucssions, really)
> >
> >   - "Backlinks" storage.

Oh, i just noticed - i'm surprised to see backlinks among the candidates
for an object's aspects.  They seem to me to live between objects - the
purview of OrganizationObjects/drop-in-indexes:

  http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals/OrganizationObjects

I suppose it might make sense to use the aspect bag in lieu of a more
comprehensive scheme...

Ken
klm@digicool.com