[Zope-CMF] WYSIWYG HTML document edit form

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:03:26 +0100

Some feature requests:

- make it easy to replace any textarea with the WYSIWYG IE DHTML Editor;
the body of documents is just on application area

Jon >> That would be cool. But I'm not sure how you would do it? :-) The
Javascript basically pulls your text from a standard html-form textarea,
does its editing magic, then copies the results back to the textarea when
you hit "Save". To insert it "as is" into a form, there's only three (if I
remember correctly) bits of code you need to change. I could insert some
dtml-comments if that would help to make it clearer for people?

In the meantime, I'll hack it into some more CMF forms if people are finding
it useful? The news-item editform would seem the obvious candidate, any
others? << Jon

- like you said, make it possible to add a controlled set of css
classes; we use CSS classes to make sidebars of differents sorts, make
standard looking content-tables, and other typography niceities.  In a
way, we're creating new specialized tags (with a CSS class) from
existing tags

Jon >> Anybody have any thoughts on the best way to do this, so that it's
easy to slot it in to an existing CMF? Maybe create a new skins folder with
all the "styles/CSS Classes" and edit-forms in it, so people can just drop
that in?

Does the idea of having separate "styles" (as opposed to a folder with
properties) seem sensible? Any thoughts on how to layout a combined
"Color-Picker & Preview" page? Might be best to do this with frames (yuck!),
or perhaps a pop-up window for the color-picker? << Jon

- saving while in code view makes the content garbled (tags get quoted)

Jon >> Ahhh yes! Always switch back to "preview" mode before saving! :-)

Cheers, Jon