[Zope-PTK] Installing CMF on NT4/zope2.3.0

Darren Gibbons dgibbons@openroad.ca
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:33:09 -0800

Hi David,

The quick and dirty answer:

Skip to line 242 of <zope_dir>/lib/python/AccessControl/SecurityInfo.py and
look for the following method (it will be a few lines down)
  tuple(roles)
change it to
  tuple(roles.keys())

The long answer:

The patch file is the output from a unix command line utility called 'diff',
that displays the differences between two files.  There is a corresponding
utility called 'patch' that will apply the diff results to a file to convert
it to another file.  Diff and patch are heavily used in the open source
community to distribute updates to code -- you just distribute the changes,
rather than the whole new code base.

You could install the win32 versions of the utilities, but the patch file
isn't that hard to read.

The first line is the output from CVS and it tells you what file is being
changed.  In this case, it's

  <zope_dir>/lib/python/AccessControl/SecurityInfo.py

Following that is the output of the diff command.  The @@ section tells you
what line the change output begins on (in this case, line 242).

The rest of the output gives you some context for the changes.  The line
with a '-' sign is the line that should be deleted, and the line with the
'+' sign is the one that should be added.

Re: installing CMF.  Just copy the three CMF directories into the
<zope_dir>\lib\python\products directory and you're good to go.

I've been working on Win2K with patched 2.3.0 and beta1 of CMF with no
problems, other than my learning curve! ;)

Good luck,

Darren.

--
Darren Gibbons                                    dgibbons@openroad.ca
OpenRoad Communications                               ph: 604.681.0516