[Zope-CMF] DTML in News/Documents - WHY ??

Adrian Madrid aem@byu.edu
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:15:19 -0800 (PST)

My approach is to use an old dtml method (e.g.
index_html) in the portal root folder to gather the
articles (custom objects) that should be there. BTW,
this method propagates through subfolders by the magic
of acquisition letting me write just one (although I
can use others if I need a change). The article has a
property (e.g. location) that tells me in which folder
it should show up and each folder has a property (e.g.
ptitle) that matches with the location property. Tada!
I'm not finished yet with all this but in the meantime
I hope it helps!

--- Stephen Hindle <shindle@toocool.com> wrote:

> The lack of DTML in Documents is causing me problems
> with index_html pages.  The 'default' index doesn't
> list any of the contents of a folder - you have to
> keep hitting 'view contents'.  So I figured I'd just
>
> 'supply' a index_html document.  However, this
> turned
> out to be more difficult then anticipated.  It has
> be done from within the CMF management console, as
> the
> stock management console 'DTML_Document' type causes
>
> CMF to choke.  The CMF based index_html page can't
> display the news box though, nor any other cool
> CMF/Zope
> stuff because they're all DTML based.
>
> In short, this seems like a step backwards....
> Is it really a good thing not to allow DTML ?
> Could a new content type "DTML Document" be added
> to CMF ?
> Is there some other method for customizing the look
> of a
> site ?
>
> Mechanix

> See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker for bug