[Zope-CMF] 'portal_metadata' tool in CVS

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 10:22:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 May 2001, marc lindahl wrote:

> > From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@digicool.com>
> >
> > It isn't exactly a bug;  being able to "hide" the type object
> > by tweaking the Security tab settings on it is an "unintended
> > feature." :)
>
> Hmmm... count on a newbie to uncover something like that...
>
> But seriously, doesn't it make sense to somehow have content
> types that can be added only by certain roles?  I don't see any
> other way to do that.

It does make sense;  the normal way to do that is to set
permissions on the "factory methods" (e.g.,
'Products.CMFDefault.Document.addDocument').  Your way, with the
"skip_unauthorized" bit, will work as well.