[Zope-CMF] 'portal_metadata' tool in CVS

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 07 May 2001 13:08:06 -0400

> From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@digicool.com>
>
> It does make sense;  the normal way to do that is to set
> permissions on the "factory methods" (e.g.,
> 'Products.CMFDefault.Document.addDocument').

But wouldn't that mean I'd have to make a 'product' that inherits the
document, so I could do that?  In my example, of using portal_types FTI to
make a special 'ManagerDocument' Document, you don't get separate
permissions, it's still a CMFDefault Document as far as that goes, right?
So I'd have to make a product in order to get separate permissions.