[Zope-CMF] Discussable disappeared.

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Tue, 8 May 2001 22:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Ignacio Valdes wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>

> > Just to clear the air:  you are saying that you have checked the
> > "Allow discussion" checkbox on the type object for your content?
> >

> I'm diving down into the code, whew this mapping, permission
> and security is complicated, any suggestions?

Try creating a PythonScript, 'testDiscussion', with body::

  return context.portal_discussion.isDiscussionAllowedFor(
            context ) and 'Yes' or 'No'

Then invoke it on one of your content objects::

  http://localhost:8080/testing/Members/tres/index_html/testDiscussion

"Out of the box", each type object has discussion disabled, and
so you will see "No" for any content object.  If you enable
discussion for a particular type (e.g., Document), then it
switches to "Yes".

That is how it is working on my testbed site, anyhow.