[Zope-CMF] Discussable disappeared.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes@hal-pc.org
Tue, 08 May 2001 22:23:40 -0500

Tres Seaver wrote:

> On Tue, 8 May 2001, Ignacio Valdes wrote:
>
> > Tres Seaver wrote:
> >

> > > Just to clear the air:  you are saying that you have checked the
> > > "Allow discussion" checkbox on the type object for your content?
> > >

> > I'm diving down into the code, whew this mapping, permission
> > and security is complicated, any suggestions?
>
> Try creating a PythonScript, 'testDiscussion', with body::
>
>   return context.portal_discussion.isDiscussionAllowedFor(
>             context ) and 'Yes' or 'No'
>
> Then invoke it on one of your content objects::
>
>   http://localhost:8080/testing/Members/tres/index_html/testDiscussion
>
> "Out of the box", each type object has discussion disabled, and
> so you will see "No" for any content object.  If you enable
> discussion for a particular type (e.g., Document), then it
> switches to "Yes".

Neat code, I tried it and it has them all listed as 'No' (not
discussable), yet the portal_type object has always had allow discussion
turned on. Hmm, I have populated my db with alot of entries, how do I
turn them to 'Yes' discussable?

-- IV

--
Ignacio Valdes, Editor: Linux Medical News
http://www.linuxmednews.com