[Zope-CMF] Editing discussions

Flynt rhess@bic.ch
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:34:32 +0200

Kent Polk wrote:

> On 10 May 2001 10:15:00 -0500, Rolander, Dan wrote:
> > Aaron, I have asked this question before and not received an answer. I am
> > still interested in figuring this out if anyone at DC or elsewhere can
> > enlighten us.
>
> Not only that, but I just noticed that discussions don't appear to
> correctly follow their items around when the items are cut-pasted.
> The 'Comments' header is provided, but no discussion items are
> listed, which indicates there is still a notion of a discussion
> item associated with the object.  The discussions *do* still show
> up in searches and the catalogger points to the old location, but
> no discussion object can be found there.

Here is another:

In a version, I customized discussion_reply_form (inserting a "RE: " in
front of the
automatically inserted title of the reply form. That did work in
*preview*, but:

I got "NotFound" errors, when trying to reply to portal document (when
clicking the reply button in the form). However, a
reply was generated and showed up on a catalog search (and was
viewable), but not connected to the document (no reply at the foot of
the document).

A look in the catalog showed the reply item, but with an
URL of (Portal is the root of the CMF site): /Portal//talkback/98464837
and had to be removed manually from the catalog (the two slashes after
/Portal is no typo !).