[Zope-CMF] catalog and Subject metadata

GAUNT Dr N, Cons Microbiologist PHLS nick.gaunt@phnt.swest.nhs.uk
Fri, 18 May 2001 09:01:30 +0100

This seems to be a deficiency of the search field on the standard top bar -
it does not recognise words entered in the Subject field. Using the Subject
field in the search form *does* work. Should the Subject field words appear
in the vocabulary? They don't on my version (Zope 2.3.2, CMF 1.0)

-----Original Message-----
From: marc lindahl [mailto:marc@bowery.com]
Sent: 17 May 2001 21:39
To: seb bacon; zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] catalog and Subject metadata

> Anyway, I was expecting the Subject field of the DublinCore metadata
> to be a keyword index in the catalog, but nothing from the Subject
> field is being indexed at all, AFAIK.  This is on a CVS CMF.

Hmmm.... it's working for me.  But then again, I modified the subject input
(metadata_edit_form) to put in a list, and using portal_metadata to define
the list (info on my page http://cmf.zope.org/bowerymarc)

> Should Subject be a keyword index out of the box?  I've checked the
> portal_catalog tool which seems to think it's indexing Subjects.  However,
> the only fields that seem to be indexed at all are those returned by
> the SearchableText of a content type.

So, if you look at one of your cataloged objects (clicking on it's name in
portal_catalog/catalog), you don't see anything listed for Subject?