[Zope-CMF] Sneak preview - workflow

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Tue, 22 May 2001 02:50:38 -0700

On Tuesday 22 May 2001 07:05, Shane Hathaway wrote:

>>Since the inception of the idea of web-configurable workflow months ago,
>>we chose to keep our options open as to whether it should be open sourced
>>or not.  The only thing this should imply is that the concept is valuable
>>enough to consider a different marketing model.  The current thinking is
>>that we'll get the most value by open sourcing it.

i sincerely hope so. as someone who suggested taking a look at the acs
workflow model, i'd feel rather annoyed if dc decided to take os community
input into a closed source product. don't get me wrong, i'm grateful to dc
for having contributed code and creating community to date. but ttw workflow
creation is a core piece to making the cmf useful. i know that if dc doesn't
go the oss route, i'll take the time to make it happen by doing it myself.

kapil