[Zope-CMF] bug in printable page with skins ?

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@pgs.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 10:00:00 +0200

While implementing printable page functionality using the how-to from
the dogbowl I encountered something which I am not sure whether it is a
bug or a feature:

I needed a different stylesheet (not just different stylesheet
properties) to be used for the printable page. I copied
default_stylesheet to the printable folder and customized it.

The result worked fine in NS4, but on in MSIE or Opera. The latter used
the normal stylesheet. The reason is that when the url looks like
URL?portal_skin=Printable the <dtml-var> lookups, used for NS4, work ok,
but the <link ;;;href="&dtml-portal_url;/&dtml-sheet;" ...>, used for
MSIE, does not use the same skin as the containing page.

The workaround is simple: custome ccs_inline_or_link to the printable
directory and change the <link> statement to refer to
href="&dtml-portal_url;/printable/&dtml-sheet;". However, this feels
like a kludge.

Any enlightening insights around?
--
Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059