[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] CMF & searchResults

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:29:39 +0100

Joel Brueziere writes:
 > portal_catalog.searchResults( meta_type='News Item'
 >  , created = _['myMonth'],
 >  , created_usage = 'range:min')">
 > )
 >
 > but I try with effective/effective_usage...
 > and it fail!
How?

As you can see, it works in principle...
That is does not work with "effective" must have reasons in this special
case. Reasons might be: you spelled it wrong (the index
is not called "effective" in the portal catalog). In this case,
ZCatalog would not see this subquery and ignore it, you would get
more hits than you expect. Other problems might be indicated
by exceptions. Then it is necessary to know them.

Rule: if something does not work, you need to tell in what way it does not
      work. Otherwise, your chance to get help is drastically reduced.

Dieter