[Zope-CMF] folder content (big post)

Stephan Göldi Stephan Göldi
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:30:52 +0100

>i'm really unclear about what you mean. if you created something with the
>literal ID portal_type_view and did not associate it with the type via the
>type object in the portal_types tool then it will never do anything
>because portal_type_view is not an ID that is used by the standard portal
>types.

I used not the real names. So here are the real names:

in /portal_types I created a new portal_type with the name product_folder
I moved /portal_skins/content/folder_view to /portal_skins/custom and edited
it.
Then I renamed folder_view to product_folder_view
I associated product_folder_view with product_folder by changing the
"Factory-based Type Information" in the "Actions" Tab. There is the Action
for "View" now set to product_folder_view.

I thought, that for the folders of the type "product_folder" it will use
product_folder_view from /portal_skins/custom to display it. But this
doesn't seem to happen.