[Zope-CMF] folder content (big post)

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:36:48 -0500

stephan,

here is the steps i followed and it works for me:

- copy the "Folder" type inside the types tool
- paste it and change its ID to "My_Folder"
- click My_Folder and go to its Actions tab
- in the action with name "View" i put "my_folder_view" for the "Action"=20=

value
- inside the portal_skins tool i went to zpt_generic/folder_contents and=20=

hit "customize"
- in the skins tool "custom" folder i renamed folder_contents to=20
my_folder_view

now i can create folders of type "My_Folder" and the "View" link in the=20=

actions box pulls up "my_folder_view".

jens

On Friday, November 30, 2001, at 11:30 , Stephan G=F6ldi wrote:

>> i'm really unclear about what you mean. if you created something with =
the
>> literal ID portal_type_view and did not associate it with the type =
via=20
>> the
>> type object in the portal_types tool then it will never do anything
>> because portal_type_view is not an ID that is used by the standard =
portal
>> types.
>
> I used not the real names. So here are the real names:
>
> in /portal_types I created a new portal_type with the name =
product_folder
> I moved /portal_skins/content/folder_view to /portal_skins/custom and=20=

> edited
> it.
> Then I renamed folder_view to product_folder_view
> I associated product_folder_view with product_folder by changing the
> "Factory-based Type Information" in the "Actions" Tab. There is the =
Action