[Zope-CMF] Compound elements

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:15:41 -0400

seb bacon wrote:

> I wrote a mail some time ago about 'compound elements'.  It was a bit
> massive, so I'm not surprised no-one replied.  The important bit, to
> which I'd really appreciate an answer, is reproduced below:
>

>>I'd like to ask about the status of compound documents,
>>since they are scheduled for CMF 1.2, which I understand is forthcoming
>>(sort of).
>>

> So, is someone at ZC doing this?  Am I wasting my time bothering
> to do it myself?  If someone has already started, I'd like to swap
> some ideas with them.  If they haven't I'll probably make my system
> available soon for feedback.

We have definitely commissioned the task for the CMF 1.2 release, but
have not yet begun the effort to generalize the consulting work we have
done.  What we *do* have is Jeffrey's "inception" document for composite
(my preferred term) / compound (Paul's preferred term) content:

   http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals/compounds/compoundproposal.txt

I had originally planned to branch 1.2 for release by the end of October;
a number of other priorities have interfered, and I am re-evaluating that
goal.