PageTemplate Error (was Re: [Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow version 0.4)

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 04:09:35 -0400

> From: Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com>
> I think that you
> may have missed the requirment to install TAL and ZTUtils as
> *packages* (i.e., in ${SOFTWARE,INSTANCE}_HOME/lib/python) rather
> than as *products* (in $SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Proudcts or
> $INSTANCE_HOME/Products).

OK, that's it!  We need a more coordinated way to install this stuff!

First, we have the 'old school' way of installing everything in one
directory, then we have the other (under-documented) way of installing
things in two directories....

A product should be able to install itself without any user 'intervention'
(read: me putting it in the wrong directory because I misread the
"readme.txt")

--- hello????

p.s. as a 'product maker' I also need this.  -- personally, I could also use
some doc or examples of stuff to help install CMF specifics...

</endOfRant>