[Zope-CMF] FS ZSQL Method available

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
13 Sep 2001 18:13:42 GMT

On 13 Sep 2001 12:05:00 -0500, Chris Withers wrote:
> Lynn Walton wrote:
>>
>> Can you share a summary of why you created this ... what problem it solves for you, to help me understand
>> it better?
>
> It lets me store ZSQL Methods on the file system so I can version control them
> using CVS.

I believe it also allows one to far more easily create packaged
sql-based CMF products whose sql methods vary (in a controlled
fashion) according to the CMF item type, and that are *managed by
skins* (very important point), yet are still easily customized. I
haven't gotten around to trying it yet, but as far as I can see,
it would work.

I think that Chris just evaporated my sql proxies. :^)