[Zope-CMF] keeping a customized CMF in sync with CVS-CMF

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:33:27 +0200 (CEST)

I don't think, that this is different. Or let me put it differently:

The only straightforward idea to make a german (only) CMF I see at the mo=
ment,
would be to make a customized version of CMF. Which is hard to keep in sy=
nc
with CVS-CMF.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Paul Everitt wrote:

> The issue of localization is different.  I thought you wanted to
> signicantly change the templates (different CSS, etc.)
>
> Apparently there are two schools of thought in the land of Zope about
> localization.  Until some consensus emerges, I'm not sure how to commen=
t.

> Can you describe how a different, non-Zope system (such as PHP-Nuke)
> accomplishes localization in web software, and whether you consider it
> to be successful on the issue of keeping in synch?
>
> --Paul
>
> Joachim Schmitz wrote:
>
> > thanks everybody for the good advises, they mainly confirmed to me wh=
at I
> > had suspected. There is no easy way to do it :-(.
> >
> > Now the big question, how does one build a localized say german versi=
on
> > or even a multilingual version of CMF, and keep it in sync with the C=
MF ?