[Zope-CMF] Portal Type Actions - guard expressions just like in DC workflow?

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:46:15 +0300

While playing around with different actions in portal types and general,
  I thougth wouldn't it be much more usefull if in Actions permission
would be like DC Workflow, where you have the possibility to have either
permission/role or expression guarding the transition?

I am not sure wether this would require a huge work withing the whole
actions-machinery, but this could provide more possibilities working
with the whole actions set. Moreover the usefullness comes from the fack
that there is not permissions for every singe thing that people can do.

Ofcourse this is not a must feature, since many of the things where this
could be used can be otherwise scripted - but I believe that there would
be use for this. For example I could create a system, where only level 2
editors can reply to items and also see the replies.

Any ideas?

-huima