[Zope-CMF] Help: New install of CMF and lots of problems customizing index_html

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:44:52 +0200

John D. Heintz writes:
 > I have just logged a bug in the tracker, but was hoping that someone on
 > the list could help we figure this out.
 >
 > The short of my config is Linux 2.4, Zope 2.5.0, and CMF from CVS.
 >
 > The behavior I'm getting is a bunch of dead-ends from every direction I
 > know of to change the front page of my new portal.
 >
 > I am trying to:
 > 1) add local_html to Portal Folder and getting:
 > "'local_html' body goes here." in the center and left side.
 > This appears to be coming from the index_html.pt but I can't figure out
 > why.
Probably a slot in the template that is not filled and shows its
default content.

 > If I browse to /Portal/local_html I see the dtml output without the
 > standard header and footer.
 >
 > 2) customize portal_skins/generic/index_html.dtml to
 > custom/index_html.dtml and getting a KeyError.
Modern CMF installations do no longer use DTML by default, but ZPT's.

Dieter