[Zope-CMF] upgrading to CMF 1.3-beta2 and Plone 1.0a

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:08:25 +0200

Kristina Quimson Buenafe writes:
 > Thanks Florent!  I just screwed up my upgrading CMF / installing Plone
 > though - my Zope site won't start up, and this is the traceback from stupid
 > log file.  I unpacked the CMF 1.3-beta2 files into my Products directory and
 > restarted Zope, then deleted my CMFPlone stuff from Products and unpacked
 > the new CMFPlone files for Plone 1.0a.  Is there any way I can fix this?
 >
 > ------
 > 2002-07-31T17:18:30 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   File C:\Program Files\VCAN\z2.py, line 564, in ?
 >   File <string>, line 1, in ?
 >   File C:\PROGRA~1\VCAN\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 19, in ?
 > NameError: name 'SOFTWARE_HOME' is not defined
Someone else recently reported a similar problem.
There "CLIENT_HOME" can no longer be used. That's very strange,
as both homes are put into the "__builtin__" module by
"App.FindHomes". Apparently, for some unknown reason, this does no
longer work reliably.

Dieter