[Zope-CMF] upgrading to CMF 1.3-beta2 and Plone 1.0a

Kristina Quimson Buenafe Kristina Quimson Buenafe" <kristina@virginia.edu
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:08:14 -0400

>  > Thanks Florent!  I just screwed up my upgrading CMF / installing Plone
>  > though - my Zope site won't start up, and this is the traceback from
stupid
>  > log file.  I unpacked the CMF 1.3-beta2 files into my Products
directory and
>  > restarted Zope, then deleted my CMFPlone stuff from Products and
unpacked
>  > the new CMFPlone files for Plone 1.0a.  Is there any way I can fix
this?
>  >
>  > ------
>  > 2002-07-31T17:18:30 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
>  > Traceback (innermost last):
>  >   File C:\Program Files\VCAN\z2.py, line 564, in ?
>  >   File <string>, line 1, in ?
>  >   File C:\PROGRA~1\VCAN\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 19, in ?
>  > NameError: name 'SOFTWARE_HOME' is not defined
> Someone else recently reported a similar problem.
> There "CLIENT_HOME" can no longer be used. That's very strange,
> as both homes are put into the "__builtin__" module by
> "App.FindHomes". Apparently, for some unknown reason, this does no
> longer work reliably.

Hi Dieter,

Will this problem be addressed in a CMF upgrade or Plone upgrade
documentation anytime soon?  I reinstalled 1.3beta1 and 0.9.9 so my site is
up and running again, but I'd like to upgrade to the newer versions.

thanks,
Kristina