[Zope-CMF] Question, re: folders w/ thousands of items

Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:39:00 -0700

I have a CMF-based project that I am setting up that happens to have 1000s
of objects within a given folder.  One issue that I have is that most of the
methods called by some skins (I'm using Plon for this project) are way too
expensive... I want to be able to call something like
Folder.contentValues(), but only for a limited subset of items (like, say,
return the first 20 items in the folder)...  Perhaps some alternative to the
standard OM API somewhere to access stuff within either a Portal Folder or
BTreePortalFolder?

Does such a fix exist?

Sean