[Zope-CMF] Question, re: folders w/ thousands of items

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:52:37 -0300

On Terça 06 Agosto 2002 21:39, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
| I have a CMF-based project that I am setting up that happens to have 1000s
| of objects within a given folder.  One issue that I have is that most of
| the methods called by some skins (I'm using Plon for this project) are way
| too expensive... I want to be able to call something like
| Folder.contentValues(), but only for a limited subset of items (like, say,
| return the first 20 items in the folder)...  Perhaps some alternative to
| the standard OM API somewhere to access stuff within either a Portal Folder
| or BTreePortalFolder?
|
| Does such a fix exist?

Ive seen an implementation of a CMF Portal Folder based on BTreeFolder2
somewere on CVS, but i cant remember where. I will try searching and send you
the URL.

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>