[Zope-CMF] broken tests - FSDirectoryViews

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:37:33 +0200

sean.upton@uniontrib.com writes:
 > I had a similar problem to the latter when I zipped up a Zope instance and
 > moved it to a new machine in a different path (not relatively, but
 > absolutely speaking).  Using the same path fixed it (symlinks didn't
 > though).  Is this the way DirectoryViews are supposed to behave?
"Directory View" needs to remember the file system paths.
They do this in a property (see the "Properties" tab).

In order to make moving a Zope installation easier, the remembered
path are (usually) not absolute but a "SOFTWARE_HOME" or "INSTANCE_HOME"
prefix is stripped off.

Consequently, symbolic links should work.

Check the property to find out what goes wrong.

Dieter