[Zope-CMF] Changing the 'id' of a CMF Portal

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
12 Aug 2002 09:04:00 -0400

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 08:48, mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar wrote:

> I have renamed a Plone site without problems just selecting the "root"
> folder of the site and pressing rename Button. There you can rename de id
> of the site...It worked for me.

The kicker is that the catalog uses "full" physical paths as its
"record IDs", which means that moving the site after creating lots of
content requires you to rebuild (not just reindex) the catalog.

I want to fix this issue;  I can't think of any reason why the catalog
couldn't use "portal-relative" paths;  can anyone else?  We would need
to tweak the 'search.{pt,dtml}' skins a bit.