[Zope-CMF] Setting up a Virtual Host Monster

mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:25:12 -0300

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for your answer , but I am not using Apache. I am just using the web
server that comes with Zope.

So, I think I just have to put something in the Mapping form of Virtual
Host Monster tool. But I do not know what to put there...

Could you help me? Could somebody help me with this?

Thanks
Mariela

                    "Gilles
                    Lenfant"               To:     <zope-cmf@zope.org>,
                    <gilles@pilotsy        <mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar>
                    stems.net>             cc:
                                           Subject:     Re: [Zope-CMF] Setting up a Virtual
                    14/08/2002             Host Monster
                    19:51

Try this...
It assumes Apache has mod_rewrite and is listening to IP 205.38.40.87
Zope listens to port 8080 on IP 205.38.40.88 on a remote server

<VirtualHost 205.38.40.87>
   # Your IP above
  ServerName www.company.com
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://205.38.40.88:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.company.com:80/company/VirtualHostRoot/$1
 [P]
  # Other usual options
</VirtualHost>

Warning : The line starting with RewriteRule may be cut by the mail
transpost.

Perhaps you should upgrade Apache to 1.3.24(+) that fixes a mod_rewrite bug
that raised problems to some CMF sites.

HTH

--Gilles