[Zope-CMF] Directory mapping under CMF

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:24:35 -0700

Is there a CMF product which can represent arbitrary file system
directory hierarchies without manually priming every file in the
directory hierarchy?

Background:

 We collect fairly large numbers of documents: PDFs, Word docs,
 postscript files, text files, etc.  In some cases the documents are
 collected by people or built by processes without Zope access.  The
 files need to remain accessible outside of zope so other filesystem
 based tools can process them.

  I'd like to represent the directory tree of those files under zope for
  easy browser and user access.  Ideally, zope would apply things like
  NuxDocument as part of the representation to present a more
  intelligent/helpful view of the various files.

Anything out there like that?

Extfile and ExternalFile only handle single file mappings, not mappings
to arbitrary directories that auto-populate at runtime with the
filesystem contents.  FS Directory View seems tightly constrained as to
what directories it can represent, and then only primes its contents at
Zope boot time.

Am I missing something?

--
J C Lawrence