[Zope-CMF] concerns regarding plone

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:21:26 -0500

Robert,

The only way we can get 1.0 out of the door is to get feedback.  There will
be a beta3 in
the next few minutes after I do some QA.  The features that have been
recently added
do not need to be used.  But we need to put them in there so we can point
developers to
the new way we are doing things.  And we can get feedback on the new
features.

I am committed to getting Plone 1.0 out before the end of the month.  The
only way
its going to happen is more QA work done on these versions.  I believe the
features
we are adding are quite significant and of enormous value to be put into 1.0
so
we can steer developers into the "New way of doing things".  Of course you
can
still use the old way/CMF way/or the "getNextXXXX" things we had until the
recent changes.

I am *extremely* excited about the new features.  Please check out the
latest beta, report bugs and
we will try to get a beta release after we get feedback and I clean up the
discussions.

~runyaga