[Zope-CMF] Actions in tools but not in Types

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:14:00 +0200

Heimo Laukkanen writes:
 > Actions can have expressions, which are TALES expressions and have names
 > that are described in Expression.py of CMFCore. Example of that in use
 > is from actions tool, where one action is:
 >
 > string: ${folder_url}/folder_contents
 >
 > However this doesn't work in portal_types - eventhough Actions in
 > types_tool is presented in a same way. Now my question is, is this for a
 > reason - or I am missing something?
Actions in "portal_types" are quite old, they predate TALES expressions
and therefore use string actions with magic placeholders.
Actions in the tools are new and use TALES expressions.

As it is not easy to switch from string actions to TALES expression
actions in a completely backward compatible way, I think,
the "portal_typs" actions have not yet been switched.

Maybe, you can come up with a proposal?

Dieter