[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] Type of portal_type

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:23:20 +0000 (UTC)

Pascal Samuzeau  <samuzeau@oreka.com> wrote:
> I mean I want to know which is the Type of a component 'Factory-based
> type information' created under the portal_types.

We usually call what you call a component a portal type.

> I know the Type created, when I am an user, of a Document based on a
> portal_types component : It's the Type of the component.

In CMF 1.3 it's the Title of the portal type. The Type of a portal type
has no meaning and is deprecated, check your debug logs.

> Because, with CMF 1.1 and 1.2, I have the same problem, when I ask to
> find each resource with a particular Type, I always get the component
> created under portal_types, but I don't need it, and I ask me why this
> component as this Type .

If you search for resources you should search on the portal_type
attribute (and catalog variable) of the document, which is the id of the
portal type corresponding to that document.

Florent