[Zope-CMF] ZODB and member's properties

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 06:54:04 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pascal Samuzeau" <samuzeau@oreka.com

> I have a product which can add/delete attribute in portal_memberdata.
>
> In that way all members are able to change by themselves their
> attibutes as they want, to play with the instance of this product.
>
> But what's really happen when, after a long during time, I will
> destroy the instance of this product.
>
> I think, in the ZODB, will be still keep the propertie and the value
> of each member.

Yes, it will.

> Do I have to clean it by myself when I will destroy my instance's
> product, or just an "Update Catlagog" will be enough to do it?

The portal catalog doesn't have to see here, as member data isn't catalogued
by default.

You should provide methods to clear the properties you create that are being
kept inside member records, because AFAIK portal_memberdata doesn't provide
that type of handling. Even when you erase the fields that your product must
have added, the data will still be there at least until the record is
manually pruned.

Ausum