[Zope-CMF] TTW Actions Forthcoming

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:10:03 -0700

On Thursday, January 3, 2002, at 09:43  AM, Andrew Sawyers wrote:

>  _actions = [ActionInformation(id='folderContents'
>                                 , title='Folder contents'
>                                 , action=Expression(
>                text='string: ${folder_url}/folder_contents')
>                                 , condition=Expression(
>                text='python: folder is not object')
>                                 , permissions=('List folder contents',)
>                                 , category='object'
>                                 , visible=1
>                                  )]
> I've included support for backwards compatability if you have
> customized a
> tool or written your own tool in which listActions returns a list of
> dictionaries.  If you're currently writing a custom tool, you
> might want to
> look at the new way this is going to be handled.
> These new features will make it into the head soon; and I just
> wanted to let
> people know so you have the chance to check them out of cvs if
> you'd like as
> well as provide any feedback.  See
> http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/?only_with_tag=andrew_ttw_actions-branch
> for diffs
> or
> http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMF.tar.gz?tarball=1&only_with_tag=andrew_ttw_action
> s-branch
> to download the branch tarball.
> Thanks,
> Andrew Sawyers

Is listActions() support continuing **only** for the sake of
backward compatibility?  Some of the action providers I've written
are much more dynamic, generating the list based on various object
states.  I'd still like this to be a preferred member of the
ActionProvider interface.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@cuemedia.com