[Zope-CMF] TTW Actions Forthcoming

Andrew Sawyers andrew@zope.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:27:12 -0500

Per my discussion with Tres yesterday:
>Is listActions() support continuing **only** for the sake of
>backward compatibility?
The listActions method is not continuing only for the sake of backward
compatibility; it's simply a matter of what is being returned by the method.
Action providers need to support this interface.  It's a matter of rather
then the old way of hardcoding the listActions method to return actions as a
list of dictionaries, listActions should just return self._actions; which as
I described in the email was a list of ActionInformation instances.  I'd
assume object states would turn into conditions......
>  Some of the action providers I've written
>are much more dynamic, generating the list based on various object
>states.  I'd still like this to be a preferred member of the
>ActionProvider interface.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking....backward compatibility support
for a list of dictionaries might be limited, if thats  what you're
asking....
Andrew