[Zope-CMF] CMFImageDoc broken in CMF 1.2?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:53:37 -0000

Hi Chris (cc'ing the list in case anyone else has the same problem)

I've been trying out your CMF Image Document, which is pretty damn funky!
Except.....

The Edit method seems to be broken with CMF 1.2b. When I click Change on the
edit form I get a Type Error, ending with -

File Script (Python), line 9, in ImageDoc_edit
  File C:\Program Files\zope25\lib\python\Products\CMFCore\WorkflowCore.py,
line 88, in __call__
    (Object: edit)
  File C:\Program Files\zope25\lib\python\Products\CMFCore\WorkflowTool.py,
line 461, in wrapWorkflowMethod
    (Object: portal_workflow)
  File C:\Program Files\zope25\lib\python\Products\CMFImageDoc\ImageDoc.py,
line 94, in _edit
    (Object: testimagedoc)
TypeError: _edit() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)

Looking at the code, it seems like the CMFDefault/Document.py has changed,
so that the _edit bit doesn't take "file" as a parameter any more. So your
line -

  Document._edit(self, text_format, text, file, safety_belt)

is causing the error? Maybe it should be changed to "Document.edit" (no
underscore) instead?

Also the next bit -

  #this workflowaction is at class scope
  edit = WorkflowAction(_edit)

may be a problem, as there's a comment in the new Document.py that says -

     *used to be WorkflowAction(_edit)

in the "edit" function. But I'm even less sure how to fix that, or if it's
even a problem! :-)

Hope that makes sense?

Cheers, Jon