[Zope-CMF] LazyFilter and Effective Dates(workflow)

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:50:40 +0100

> Maybe I'm not understanding your point, but what you
> want to do will only work if you have just one
> "reader", because the "second reader" will see the
> message as already read. So, you need a "review_state"
> for every person in your site... (the "review_state"
> its only for an item...)

Yea, I see what you mean :-)

If it was something like email/messages, you'd need a tag for each recipient
to show that they had viewed it - then maybe when all recipients had viewed
it, you'd change the review_state to "read"

In my case, I'm thinking of something like a helpdesk application, where
messages come in from users/patients, and have to be responded to in a
certain timescale. You might have review-states of "unread", "read",
"accepted", "done". The helpdesk manager just wants to know whether a new
urgent message has been read by *any* of the staff, so he can make sure they
don't miss the timescales for responding.

Maybe it's just me, but when I report problems to online fault-trackers, I
wish they'd tell me more, specially if it's urgent. You sit there for a
couple of hours wondering "Has anybody read it?". If it's a serious problem,
I'd like to get an email to say, "Your message has been read at 11.57",
then, "Your problem has been accepted by Mr X at 12.07".... and so on!

As I said, I'm just pondering possibilities at the moment, an wondered if
anyone had used View as a workflow method... and whether it was a good/bad
idea. :-)

Thanks for your thoughts

Cheers, Jon