[Zope-CMF] Updating skins for a product at the FS level

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
02 Jul 2002 14:59:45 -0400

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 14:23, J C Lawrence wrote:

> If I hand edit the skins for a product at the file system level, what do
> I need to do to make the changes take effect?
>
> Currently I seem to need to go into portal-skins and customise the
> relevant skin which makes my changes magically appear in the new copy
> (but not the original under portal_skins).  Is there a simple way to
> tell portal_skins to grab new copies of the skins from the product
> sources?

This should happen automagically if you run Zope in debug mode (with
the '-D' flag).  I might also try the "Update" button on the skin
folder's "Properties" tab;  that should cause the folder to be
rescanned.