[Zope-CMF] CMF and DCWorkflow

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:36:12 +0000 (UTC)

 <D.Turpie@open.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have just recently installed DCWorkflow version 0.4.2 runing on CMF
> version 1.2 and Zope 2.5.0.
>
> Installing and implementing the new workflow system seems to have upset the
> state of the content.
> The content is still visible to users but when looking at them through the
> folder contents option they are in a state of private.
>
> Also when they are in a state of private the metadata option is available.

Have you clicked the "update security settings" on the "Workflows" tab
of the portal_workflow tool ?

> When documents are in a published state the metadata option disappears and I
> seem to have to retract a document before being able to edit the metadata.
> Should this be the case? This never used to happen when I was using the
> built in workflow of the CMF.

I'm not sure if the policy was different in CMF 1.2, but anyway in CMF
the default policies of standard workflows is that a published content
is not editable. You can change that in the Permissions tab of a
DCWorkflow.

Florent