[Zope-CMF] enabling news_box in index_html and trusted user scenario

Wostenberg pwos@attbi.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:58:24 -0600

Remember in CMF 1.1 the news_box showed by default in the right hand side?

In CMF 1.2 it is gone, and the zpt_generic/index_html is quite different
than 1.1 but looks like it has hooks for news, lnks, etc.  So how can I
re-enable the showing of news_box on default home page in CMF 1.2 ? (I
will move to 2.3b2 if required)

Also, for certain brief content type I have a "lean-workflow" scenario
in which users publish and it's live with no approval cycles. Items are
very short and time critical so ideally a text box in the "logged_in"
form that gives opportunity to post-and-go-live. How do I define a lean
workflow? The portal_skins/portal_workflow tool is unhelpful in defining
new workflow state machines.

Finally, the legendary 6 month learning curve of Smalltalk is childsplay
compared to Zope. So who wants to be my personal Zope CMF Coach ? Write
me privately about your qualifications and fees.

-Alan Wostenberg
a Smalltalker seeking Zope
Denver, Colorado