[Zope-CMF] guarded attribute error

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:33:45 +0200

Deepak  Kapoor writes:
 >     I am using Calendar Tag in conjunction with
 > CMFCalendar . I havce created 2 events using the
 > CMFEvent portal content. It has among other fields
 > start_time. I am able to access the rest of the fileds
 > but when i access the start time variable i get the
 > guarded_getattr error for start_time attribute.
 > The code for accesing that vairbale is given below.
"start_time" is probably not a "Meta Data" element of "portal_catalog".
In this case, only the true object has this attribute not the proxy
returned by the catalog search.

You can use "getObject" on the proxy object to get at the true object
or add "start_time" to the "Meta Data Table" of "portal_catalog"
and "Update catalog" in the "Advanced" tab.

Dieter