[Zope-CMF] More DCworkflow troubles.

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:35:57 +1200

On Thursday 13 June 2002 05:41, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> John Morton writes:
>  > ...
>  > Ah -  do you mean that if the worklist is guarded by the role 'Owner',
>  > and the member happens to be looking at something they don't have the
>  > local role 'Owner' for, then they won't see that action?
>  >
>  > This makes sense, though I never saw the worklist when the member was
>  > looking at an object they did own. I'll try changing the guards around
>  > and see if I can get something to work.
>
> I am not sure with respect to which object the guard of a Worklist
> action is evaluated. It might be the current object or the portal root
> object.

I dropped all guards on my worklists, and got the behaviour I was looking for.
I also discovered that the apparently missing 'View' action is due to the
action box renderer's idiosyncratic tendency to only render object actions if
there are more than one to be rendered.

> I would look at the source, when I would need the answer...

Worklist actions are, indeed, evaluated in the context of the portal root (in
DCWorkflows, at least).

I think it might be time for me to write all this stuff down into some help
files for DCWorkflows.

John