[Zope-CMF] CMF Plone missing edit scripts

Ot Ratsaphong ot.ratsaphong@tpg.com.au
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:11:34 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com>
To: <ot.ratsaphong@tpg.com.au>
Cc: <zope-cmf@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 3:12 AM
Subject: [Zope-CMF] CMF Plone missing edit scripts

> NOTE: Your last email was in HTML, Please **DO NOT ** send HTML to the
> mailing list Format -> Plain Text.
Apologies, I hope this is better.

> did you grab the latest ? 0.9.9 Preview Release 5?
> http://plone.org/download/download/CMFPlone.0.9.9PR5.tar.gz/file_view

Yes, I am using CMFPlone.0.9.9PR5.

> are you attempting to use Plone DHTML?  This is no longer available.  make
> sure you are using Plone Default skin.
> go into 'my preferences' and change this (then flush cache and delete
> cookies)

I am using Plone Default. I'm quite cautious and when trying something new,
I always use default settings and get things to work first before trying
something different.

> Plone is heavily ZPT oriented.  EditableBody is a method on the current
> object.
> if you do a filesystem grep you will find 'EditableBody' I believe you
will
> find
> it either in NewsItem.py or Document.py in Products/CMFDefault
>
> more ZPT info can be found at:
> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZPT1
> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZPT2

Alan,
Thanks for pointing me to the 2 ZPT articles. I'll work on these 2 articles
and see if I can work out why the edit boxes are not working for me.
Plone is great for learning ZPT and CMF.

Ot