[Zope-CMF] Permission/ownership problem

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:42:08 +0100

Luca Olivetti wrote:

> I created an object, gone through the workflow until the stage that I
> changed ownership of the object.
> When I go see the object as the new user, all is weel, i.e. the new user
> has the permission to edit the object, the correct actions appear in the
> actions box, etc.

Well, now it doesn't work and I swear it did last friday. It's driving me insane.
I removed the ownership change from the workflow (left the local roles assignes as Owner
though) but since I saw it wasn't working I put it back, so it is as it was *before*.
I see in the security tab that the object effectively *has* the right permission
('Manage oferta' for 'Owner'), I see that the user I'm logging in as has the local role
'Owner' (heck, he also has ownership of the object), I see the actions protected by the
permission 'Manage oferta' in the actions box (so the CMF righly assume that I have that
permission) *but* when I invoke the edit method (protected, as you probably guessed, by
'Manage oferta') I get an exception 'You are not allowed to access edit in this context'.
This and random failures[*] in python methods in my skin are driving me nuts.

[*] I edit a working python method, it doesn't work anymore. I erase the edit, going
back to the previous, working, revision but still it doesn't work. I rewrite the method
line by line, testing after each line if it works. I finally get the same method as the
first edit and *it works*.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007