[Zope-CMF] default workflow question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 12 May 2002 08:58:50 +0200

Mark Gibson writes:
 > That pretty much works.  I had to create mutually exclusive guards,
 > otherwise Zope seemed to have a problem - perhaps having to do with
 > trying to automatically transition to two different states.
I had used a slightly different approach:

  I had kept the normal "private" state and a single automatic
  transistion for priviledged users leading into the published state.

There is currently a big open issue with CMF-Workflow: when
you move/copy/import an object, the object is set into the initial
state.

  Depending on who does this operation, you may end up with lots
  of published objects, you never intended to have...

 >   However, the unanticipated side effect is that  the new content that
 > is created and published isn't editable!
Look at the "Permissions" tab of the "published" state.

   It will probably not be easy to allow priviledged users to
   edit their own content but not that of others.

Dieter